ASEAN countries and many Asian countries are highly interested in Japanese Architecture and Urban design and its construction technology. The Japanese construction companies are more and more interested in extending business relations to Asian countries.
Japan Institute of Architects decided to host ARCASIA ACA18 in Tokyo on September 2018, together with fellow architects in 21 regions of ARCASIA. Our objective is to promote international relation between Japan and Asian countries.
We intend to have serious discourse on environment, disaster management related to architecture with congress participants from all the ARCASIA regions. There will be key note speeches and symposiums with prominent architects and designers.
We also intend to promote power of architecture in Japan with leading architects from each country. There will be various other events showing latest projects in Tokyo and international networking programs.
This congress held in ever evolving city of Tokyo should certainly stimulate international guests and Japanese domestic construction market.
|Title||ASIAN CONGRESS OF ARCHITECTS 18
ARCASIA STUDENT JAMBOREE 2018
|Date||September 10-14, 2018|
|Venue||Meiji University Academy Common|
|Programs||Key note speeches, symposiums and panel discussions, student competition, student workshops, technical papers, ARCASIA awards, award winning architectural displays, international networking events, showcase, architectural and urban trip tours.|
|Theme||Simplicity | Multiplicity|
|Members||21 regions of ARCASIA|
|Host||The Japan Institute of Architects|
ACA – Asian Congress of Architects
Asian Congress of Architects(ACA) is a major regional conference held every two years, organized by ARCASIA. The ACA is more than a conference for the intellectual exchange of current architectural ideas; it is a memorable convivial occasion that combines cultural activities of the participants. The host institute for the conference is selected from the member institutes.
Accompanying each Asian Congress of Architects is the gathering of architectural students from member countries of ARCASIA under the auspices of the ARCASIA Committee for Architectural Education(ACAE).
The objectives of the Student Jamboree are as follows:
- to facilitate talented Asian students of architecture
- to travel in the region and experience the architecture of different but related environment from their own;
- to foster among the up and coming generation of architects in the region a better understanding of each other's countries and their contemporary conditions and problems;
- to encourage the building of inter-personal contacts between the architectural students in the region;
- to promote an awareness among Asian architectural students of the role and work of ARCASIA and ACAE, and
- to engender their support to and future participation as architects in these institutions;
- to enliven ARCASIA deliberations by the presence of students.